One emergency medicine physician’s experience with unblinded peer data
- John "JP" Pollard
We recently had the chance to visit Lee Health and talk with a number of stakeholders about their experiences with Agathos. Here are the main takeaways from our discussions with Douglas Lee, MD of Lee Physician Group Emergency Care Physician Services. We hope you enjoy his direct and honest comments about peer comparison. You may be surprised by what he has to say!
Agathos in the emergency department
In this video Dr. Lee discusses
- What he finds most useful about peer comparison
- How his practice has changed as a result of peer comparison
- How he has partnered with Agathos to select the right metrics for their ED
Also, there is a fun metaphor he uses in the middle of the video, so look for that. (He is not wrong.)
Listen to Dr. Lee explain.
What do physicians learn By Engaging with individualized data?
In this video, Dr. Lee shares
- Some of the metrics that have changed the most for him
- How he has learned from his peers (the power of unblinded comparison)
- How collegial the discussions have been about the unblinded data
Watch Dr. Lee below.
Better understanding the approach
If you’d like a glimpse into the principles behind Agathos and how we approach unblinded physician peer comparison, download our free eBook below. We look forward to exploring whether peer comparison might help your organization deliver better care at a lower cost.