AGATHOS FROM A PHYSICIAN EXECUTIVE'S POINT OF VIEW
- John "JP" Pollard
We recently had a chance to visit our client partners at Lee Health. We sat down to ask VP and Chief Physician Executive Richard Macchiaroli, MD, MS, CPE, what kind of impact Agathos was having with Lee Health Hospitalists and Emergency Medicine providers. These are some of the takeaways from that trip.
What is the impact of Agathos at Lee Health?
In this first video, Dr. Macchiaroli speaks about:
- Sharing information with physicians at scale
- Promoting collaboration and discussion amongst physicians
- Being surprised by the amount of practice change that the Agathos intervention caused amongst physicians, including some detailed examples
- How physicians are learning to research, share best practices and work towards a new best standard for care
- How physician collaboration happens mostly away from the leaders at a 1:1 level
Watch this short video to hear Dr. Macchiarolli’s point of view.
The benefit of delivering individualized data to physicians
We turned the conversation towards individualized data. Dr. Macchiaroli shared that private, professional, and timely data via cell phone has magnified the impact of data.
Here it in Dr. Macchiaroli’s own words.
Engagement and support of your goalsIn this video, Dr. Macchiaroli shares some of their organizational goals and how Agathos is helping to achieve those goals. For example
- Supporting improvement across the continuum of care, engaging at multiple levels, multiple specialties at scale
- Improving quality of care, supporting the transition to value-based care, while still helping to reduce utilization and avoid unnecessary costs
Engaging physicians and advanced providers at previously unheard of rates (in the 90 percent range!)
Listen to Dr. Macchiaroli explain.
Understanding the approach
If you would like to better understand the approach behind Agathos and how we suggest organization might create a culture of learning and collaboration, take a look at this 10-step guide we prepared.